Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What happened to my weekend???

Going out for drinks used to be no problem and not to mention my friends and I would do it up no matter where we were. Just tell me when and l’ll be there. If it happened to be during the week then so be it. I’d just deal with having a hangover at the office. Then I had a child and things changed, but I manage to work around it. We’d either hire a sitter or enjoy a nice Friday night having drinks and pizza at home when the baby went down. I can’t stand parents that stop the fun after having a child. GET A LIFE!!!

Now I’m pregnant again and can’t really do either of the situations above. Recently I called my husband on the way home from a play date to ask if he wanted to meet for some Mexican. When the words not really came out of his mouth I almost lost it. I thought to myself its Friday night , I can’t drink, I can’t eat sushi, I can’t get dressed up in my party clothes, and I can’t even meet my husband for some shitty Mexican??? Nothing stopped me and I went. As I sat there sipping on my ice water waiting for my sons quesadilla I couldn’t help but stare at the people across from us. They had food, kids, and margaritas. I wanted to join them so badly. I don’t mind being with my son. In fact I love it more than anything, but the fact is when you can’t drink or socialize with another adult it just feels like prison. After getting home and seeing my loving husband (in his boxers) passed out on the couch I put my son to bed and tried to decide what to do next. My options were few to none because by the looks of my freezer all I had was chocolate chip. Maybe I’ll make Saturday night crazy with a little rocky road??

Until Next Time,
Party Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment