Friday, August 28, 2009

Birthday Cake or Beer?

I love birthday parties or really any celebration. Just like my dad was I’m always the first one to arrive, last one to leave, and I have a drink in my hand at all times.

Last Saturday was my friends 30th birthday at her family farm. She had booze, bbq, music, and even babysitters. It was an all day all night event that from what I was told got real rowdy late night. As soon as we arrived I took my son over to the babysitters. It was really cute seeing him play with his little buddies. My husband ran off to socialize and grab a drink and I went straight for the food and water.

The afternoon was beautiful with perfect weather and lots of excitement. But being pregnant at these things sure is hard. The cold beer people were drinking looked amazing and the shots of tequila looked like so much fun. It wasn’t that I was miserable. I had my best friends there and my adorable son too. It’s just that I wanted to join in the debauchery. As the afternoon went on I continued to fill up my plate with cake and my husband continued to fill up his cup with more whiskey.

When it was time to leave later that night it was bedtime for my son and by the looks of my husband it was bed time for him too. We loaded up that car and I took the wheel. About five minutes into the drive my son started crying so my husband jumped in the back to give him a bottle. Five minutes after that I looked in my rearview mirror and they were both passed out.

I wasn’t sure how I felt as I drove home. Was I sad that it was 7:30 on Saturday night and I was on my way home instead of on my way out? Or was I irritated that my husband was passed out in the car? Who knows, but I will tell you one thing. When we got home and I looked at my little boy sleeping in the car I could have melted. He really is the MOST precious thing in the world and I absolutely love every second I get to be with him!!!

Until Next Time,
Party Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment