Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Get a Life!!!!

There is nothing that bothers me more than boring people. People that find there soul mate and then only spend every second with only them. Or people that have kids and focus on them and nothing else. But please understand that my child and child to be are the center of my universe. They are number one in my life and I love being with my son more than anything. I am talking about people that never leave their kids side and have no outlets other than their husband, wife, child, girlfriend or boyfriend.

Over the past month I ran into a couple old friends. One that was in a serious relationship for a few years. The other that had been married for about 4 years with no kids and an old friend from high school that’s been married for a couple years and has a baby.

All three of these people basically gave me the same song and dance when I asked what they had been up to. All three couples had the same answer and that was NOTHING. Listen I understand there are times in everyone’s life when you go out more or go out less. People have different priorities and that’s fine, but come on people go out and have some fun. Being pregnant with a baby limits me BIGTIME on things I can do, but if my hubby didn’t knock me up again so quickly we’d be going out a lot more.

I wanted to sit down and tell these people that they are so boring and what happened to enjoying life. You’ve been dating forever that’s fine, but go out and have some fun. My opinion is if you can’t be with someone that wants to go out and get loose with you then boo to them. And I’m not always talking about hitting a party or bar. You could do this at home. Put the kids to bed put some food on the grill, turn up the music, and enjoy your drink of choice. There is nothing like a good buzz and good laughs with your other half.

I also have a real big problem with parents not getting a babysitter. Personally I don’t think it’s healthy for a child to only be with their parents and never a sitter. Kids need to see their parents being social. It shows them how important it is and how much fun it can be. What’s worse is parents that bring their kids everywhere. Saturday night parties are NOT for kids. I remember my wedding when people would RSVP and add their child to the reply card. Are they crazy I though. There is a time and a place for kids. An adult party is a no, but a Sunday BBQ is a yes.

If I ever end up like one of the couples above or start bringing my kids to Saturday night parties please someone stop me!!!!

1 comment: