Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Daddy Did It!!!

Men and women really are different. If I had to babysit a child before I even had my own I could do it. I may not have known everything, but being a women motherly instincts come much more naturally. If you had asked my husband to do it he wouldn’t have a clue.

My hubby recently had his first night alone with our baby when I went out of town for a night. And of course the night before I left our son got sick. Why would it be any other way?? On top of that my mom was going away with me, both my sisters were busy, and my nanny was unavailable. All the women were gone leaving hubby to survive.

The morning I left was extremely hectic. I had to get myself together and at the same time guide husband through everything so he would know exactly what to do. And of course he had to jump in the shower right when it was time for me to leave for the airport. I thought I was gonna kill him. Not to mention that as he was lying on the couch. I told him he needed to get up and take our son to the doctor. He looked at me in shock!!! You would have thought I was sending him to jail. I thought about leaving the house a mess from breakfast and bottles and letting him see what it’s like all day with a baby. But of course I didn’t and by the time he was out of the shower the place was spick and span.

Husband left for the doctor while I went onto the airport for a night of room service and luxury. Roles were really reversed. It’s usually me taking our son to the doctor while he is at the office or on a business trip.
When I got on the plane I was nervous as hell, but then hubby called to say everything was fine and he just had a cold. I took a deep a breath and felt much more relaxed.

Over the next 36 hours I checked on my boys and everything went well. I came home to a house that was pretty clean and organized. Just how I had left it. And when I saw my little sons runny nose and red eyes you better believe it was mama to the rescue!!!

Until Next Time,
Party Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment