Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My baby is 1!!!

This past weekend was my sons 1 year birthday. I can’t believe it’s been a year already and I can’t believe I’m getting ready to have another baby in a few weeks. OYE!!!

The day went great and I was really proud of myself. The food was delicious, the décor was perfect, and the family and friends were the icing on the cake. It was a Halloween party and all the kids looked adorable in their costumes. One minor problem was the gigantic moonwalk. Way too big for party and probably not the best thing for a bunch of 1 year olds.

Planning a kid’s birthday party is so different then the other parties I’ve done in the past. Usually the bulk of your money is alcohol and maybe some food, but this time it was food and pumpkin décor. Normally my biggest concern would be if we have enough scotch or vodka. This time it was do we have enough doritos, cake, and gift bags.

If you know anything about me so far having alcohol is a MUST at a party. I don’t care if it’s your child’s birthday or your dogs. A party must have booze. No booze means not a party. And I’m not talking about beer and wine. I’m talking beer ,wine, and liquor. This was my kind of party. Kids eating cake and adults drinking cocktails. I even had a bartender which is not always necessary, but to me makes everything a little better and much more fun.

As the day went I had so many emotions. First, I was on my feet for so long and I was getting tired. Next was seeing my little baby boy in his adorable costume. I love my beautiful son more than anything in the world. He makes me smile and through everything he also makes me realize that life is so wonderful and special. The last emotion was thinking about my dad. A year ago that day he ran into the delivery room to meet his newest buddy. I would have done anything to have him there. He loved his family more than anything and especially his grandchildren. But I do know he was watching down on the party proud of all of us and my nicely stocked bar and bartender. Having him there would have made the day perfect, but the happiness and celebrating definitely made me feel his presence.

Until Next Time,
Party Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment