Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tis the Season!!!!

I was at Whole Foods yesterday and it really hit me that the season has begun!! I love this time of year. I walked around sampling every holiday recipe that they were giving out. I love all the glitz, glamour, and food that make me realize the season has begun.

Most people get irritated around this time of year. The mall traffic, Christmas carols, decorations, and over joyfulness gets annoying to them. But not me. Once Halloween begins I am SOOOOO happy. Fall is here. The weather is changing and it puts the biggest smile on my face. I love it when the time changes and you feel like it’s 7, but it’s only 6. It makes me want to curl up on the couch with the TV, hubby, and a nice scotch. Most people hate this time change. But of course not me and as you can tell from my blog, I am not like everyone else. When the Christmas music starts playing on the radio I turn it up so loud and sing my brains out. Lastly, my favorite thing about this time of the year is all the parties. Everyone is out and about celebrating. Restaurants, bars, and venues are filled with people drinking and toasting.

I used to wonder why I go to this extreme level of excitement this time of year and I realized it’s because of my family. We always make everything into a celebration. Whether my sister got a new car or it was just a pretty Sunday night we always toast and celebrate. Why not do it like this. Life is too short not to celebrate every minute you can.

So take my advice, readers. Enjoy the holiday season. Be happy, thankful, and celebrate with everything around you. Don’t get irritated over the nonstop jingle bell rock on the radio. Just go with it. Between the economic crises and life’s everyday obstacles, you are only going to enjoy this time of the year if you let yourself. Also in four weeks and counting I will be there celebrating with you. A new born in one arm, a one year old in the other, the music on, and a straw stuck to my lips sucking down some of my favorite scotch.

Until Next Time,
Party Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment