Thursday, May 6, 2010

Only The Good Die Young

It’s been a year since my father has died. He was the BEST!! You couldn’t say a bad word about my dad. He had the greatest smile which was contagious. His death was unexpected tragic and to me unexplained. It’s taken me almost a year to start feeling normal again. And from that I mean new a kind of normal

Now a year later bad luck struck again to my family’s immediate group of friends. Another man, father, husband, brother, son, friend, and an UNBELIEVABLE person was taken away again. It was so sudden and so quick that we were in shock. It felt exactly like when my father passed.

Both of these men were linked now more than ever. They had children who grew up together, wives that were friends, and they each had the BEST dispositions EVER. These men were the life of the party, most loving, and shared the same group of friends. Oh and both could pound the hell out of some vodka.

Since the passing of these 2 men I ask why. Why would the best go first? Why do the good die young? Maybe angels were needed in heaven because if you ask anyone that’s what both of these men are. They were the strongest, biggest protectors of their families, and loved by all. Always the first to step up to the plate for anything or anyone. Not to mention always the first and quickest to pick up the check, and always to lend a helping hand. To me that’s what angels do.

From these passings I think we all should learn to live everyday to the fullest. Now that doesn’t mean going out and buying every pair of Chanel shoes or every Prada wallet. It means to take pride in yourself, always do your best, and always try to get the most out of life. You never know what life will throw at you. But when it's our time you want to be remembered as these men were. Even though they both passed way before their time, they each did so much, touched so many people, and it’s as if they lived until 120.

Until Next Time,
Party Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment